Developed by Jordan Wolfson
A Contemporary Form for Art’s Reception
SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR A CONCURRENCE:
The form of the Concurrence is open to changes and adjustments in order to fit the needs of each particular place and setting. Please feel free to borrow and use the form for your own community's situtation. The following are some suggested guidelines.
Designate a Facilitator. The facilitator can watch time and keep tabs on the comments and flow.
• Choice of Participants. This might include friends of the artist who are already familiar with the work. Or people who are brand new to the work. Or a mix of the two. One might also choose to bring together a group of people with an intentional range of backgrounds and attitudes.
• Community Interaction. The Concurrence may be set up to be open to the public and widely publicized, bringing in and exposing people to artwork that may be new to them. It may also be kept private and intimate, allowing for a more in-depth experience. And of course, there is a whole range in between.
• Timeframe. Decide ahead of time on an appropriate length of time for each segment.
• Documentation. One may choose to document the Concurrence with photos or video or prefer no documentation at all.
• Artist Participation. The Concurrence may be set up to include the participation of the artist or occur at a time without the artist present.